The Porsche 912 bridged the gap between the 356 and the new-for-1965 911, which substantially increased the price of admission to the Porsche owners club.
The formula was simple and lent itself perfectly to Porsches goal of phasing out the 356 and positioning the marque upscale in the sports car market, using the 911 body and running gear and simply bolting in the 356’s 1600 cc flat-4 engine in the tail. The result was a lighter version of the 911, enabling brisk handling and enough power to make good use of the new platform in an economical package. The concept worked: Porsche sold well over 30,000 912 coupes and Targa’s until the model bowed in 1969 and another 2099 when it was briefly resurrected in 1975.
The previous owner of this of this very sharp 1967 912 Coupe purchased it from its second owner of fifteen years. It is believed that the original owner was a Boeing engineer in the Seattle, WA area, who took delivery in Europe in late 1966 after it was completed on August 25 of that year. The car was then shipped to Seattle, where is remained until the current owner purchased the car. It is believed to have been driven just over 83,636 kilometers, which translates to just over 51,000 miles and presents very nicely in deep red with a black interior that includes the original factory radio. Documentation includes the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity. The car is well-documented and prepared car with a great provenance and no known damage history. This is an excellent example of a ready-to-drive or show, 1967 Porsche 912 Coupe.